Signup Login






Description

America's Packard Museum was founded in 1992 by Dayton attorney and long-time car collector Bob Signom. Located in an original Packard dealership building constructed in 1917, the museum has officially taken the name of the original dealership - The Citizens Motorcar Company - but has become known as "America's Packard Museum". Car Collector magazine named the museum one of the "Top Ten" Auto Museums in The United States, and the Society of Automotive Historians conferred the prestigious James J. Bradley Award upon the Museum for its "exemplary efforts" in preserving motor vehicle resource materials. Only six other U.S. museums had previously received the Bradley Award.

Signom brought The Citizens Motorcar Company "back to life," as the world's only restored Packard dealership operating as a museum. The museum features over 50 automobiles on display in the restored Art Deco showroom, service department and pavilion. In addition, significant artifacts from the Packard Motorcar Company are on display. The museum has become a popular destination for travelers and residents alike. The museum's neighborhood has been named Dayton's Motorcar District. America's Packard Museum is an Affiliate Organization of The Packard Club.

The Citizens Motorcar Company is a Section 501 (c)(3) organization under the Internal Revenue Code whose mission is to educate present and future generations about the Packard Motor Car Company, it's products and philosophies.


Photos


Is there a problem with this page? Report an Issue.